Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A War On Black Males You Say?

Spike Lee says there is a war on Black Males. See it here
SPIKE LEE: I see it. This is about Trayvon Martin. This is about Jordan Davis, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Ezell [Ford], who was shot a couple days ago, today in St. Louis a couple blocks away another African-American man who was shot and killed today. They said he had a knife. I just think there is a war on the black male and it's tearing the country apart in my opinion.
I see. Mr. Lee. Who is waging this "war on black males"? This week alone I had contact with no less than 5 police officers. Not a single one did anything to me. There were no rude comments. No guns were drawn. I wasn't asked to show ID. I wasn't stopped and frisked. Seriously. And I was in what would be considered a "white neighborhood". Surely I fit the description of SOME SHIT that went down SOMEWHERE?

In 2013 105 black people in St Louis were killed...mostly by other black people.
In 2012 257 black people were killed in Chicago.....mostly by other black people.
In 2013 191 black people were killed in Philly....mostly by other black people.
In 2012 386 people in Detroit were killed. Detroit is 80% black. You do the math.
In 2012 193 people in New Orleans were killed. The mayor pointed out " the murder epidemic in New Orleans is largely confined to African-American men between the ages of 16 and 30, both victims and perpetrators. Murder is the leading cause of death for that demographic group, "

I could go on and on here but the astute reader sees the pattern and the truth:

More black males have been killed by other black males than by all incidences of police shootings combined by several orders of magnitude.

So obviously the question should have been put to Spike Lee. WHO is at war with Black Males? Because the ONLY way you get an answer other than "other black males" is to believe in all powerful white people who are the sole arbiters of black behavior. And that right there is a view as racist as it comes.