Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

HomeLand Security Is A Major?

I've said just about all I'm going to say in regards to the water situation in Detroit. However, this one items caught my eye.
"It's frightening, because you think this is something that only happens somewhere like Africa," said Hill, a single mother who is studying homeland security at a local college. "But now I know what they're going through — when I get somewhere there's a water faucet, I drink until my stomach hurts."[my underlines]
Since when is "Homeland security" a major or course of study in college?

[edit]Apparently recently[edit]. Two side notes: In Africa, much of the continent does not have piped water. In "lucky" villages there is a single well from which people, usually women, get water from. In not so lucky villages people, usually women, travel a decent distance to get water from a fresh water source, put it in a container and then walk back with that water (usually on their heads). Like I said before, the water might be free but the pipes cost money.

Secondly, that accompanying photo? You see the spikes in usage? I don't know her entire situation but either there are a lot of leaks in her residence or people in that home like to leave water running. Why didn't the reporter ask Nicole about the usage patterns?