Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Skirt Wearing Boys


You know I saw this sight yesterday that really bothered me. By now I've become somewhat and unfortunately accustomed to seeing young (and some not so young) black men walking around with their pants in various states of falling. Adding insult to injury is the fact that a lot of these "men" are wearing belts. Belts. The purpose of belts is to keep one's pants at one's hips. So it's bad enough that the pants are in many cases completely off the wearers ass but in addition, they are wearing a belt.


But that's not really what bothered me. No, this time this boy walked past me as I was waiting to get onto a street. There was something odd about his gait. I couldn't place it at first. But as he passed my windshield it hit me. His pants (with belt of course) would not stay up and so he was holding the fronts of the legs up. You know what that looks like? This:


Cv01 Tcm18-64735


Notice how the woman is holding up the front of her dress. This is exactly how this "man" was walking. I suppose at some point in the future they'll be walking around like this:


Picsmallgirl-759812



This needs to stop.