Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Possible Staff meeting for LA GOP Advert

So I saw this GOP advert via a twitter post:
And I thought to myself: What kind of black person actually volunteers to do this type of work? So I thought about it and came up with a possible interview scenario:

Scene: A bunch of white folk in power suits at a table. there's a black guy in "cool" clothes interviewing potential actors who is the spokesperson

black guy: So yeah, I wanna thank you guys for answering our call for actors. This is such an important work we're doing here.

Nods all around.

Black guy: So let me tell you that what we are going to do here is for the betterment of our country. We need real leadership so we can turn America around. I know you all want to do your part.

Nods all around

Black guy: Good! Good. now let me explain what we need you to do. Basically this is a video shoot. We gonna have a lady

*a loud "ehem" from one of the white folk.

Black guy: Right. we gonna have a ho in some skimpy clothes.

*a loud "ehem" from another one of the white folk

Black guy: Right, we gonna have a ho in some hoochie clothes, pole dancing and you all get to tote some guns and pick dollars from her ass while she shakes it in front of you.

*odd looks from most of the guys assembled*

Black guy: And every now and then you get to rap: "bitch better give me yo' cash"

*odd looks from most of the guys assembled. One speaks up

Actor: So you want us to act like we're gang members in a rap video, toting guns and essentially act a damn fool?

Black guy: Well you're not acting a fool, you're making a political point.

Actor: Uh-huh.. I see. and how much do we get paid for this?

Black guy: Well we'll pay you 200 bucks for the 1 min shoot.

Actor: The fuck? You gonna have me up in here for 200 bucks?

Black guy:*looks back at his colleagues who look nervous that they may not get anyone to sign up. A sly smile spreads across his face: Did I mention that ho is a white girl?

Actor: Where do I sign?