Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Herman Cain: Are You Sure About That?

"Most of the ancestors that I can trace were born here in the United States of America. And then it goes back to slavery. And I'm sure my ancestors go all the way back to Africa,"


How do people state things like that? "Were born here in the United States of America. And then it goes back to slavery"? Stop...like being born in America and slavery were two different eras? Then "I'm sure my ancestors go all the way back to Africa? The hell? What did he think the "slaves" were coming from? " I'm sure"? really? You wanna take another look just in case. I have *never* heard a knowledgeable black person say "they are sure" their ancestors go back to Africa. They are so "sure" that it merely stated as fact.