Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Man In Miami Shot by Police: Two Points

Saw this on NY Daily News
Police in North Miami, Fla., told WSVN-TV officers responded Monday to a 911 call reporting a man with a gun threatening to commit suicide. Yet Charles Kinsey, a behavioral therapist, told the TV station the witness and later the police may have mistook the autistic man’s toy truck for a gun.
Hold that thought for a minute.
“I’m going to the ground, just like this with my hands up. And I’m laying down here just like this. And I’m telling him again, 'Sir, there’s no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, this is an autistic guy. He has a toy truck in his hand,’” Kinsey

First and foremost as you can see in the image this guy is posing no threat at all. That, in combination with his declaration makes for a no reason to shoot. That officer should be seeing felony assault charges. Why not attempted murder? because he shot Kinsey in the leg.

Now my second point is, this is yet another example of "random" people calling police about a [black] man with a gun. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a country with a right to carry, calling the police about a man walking with a gun should get a "and?" response. Also I strongly believe that some of these calls are actually citizens trying to get someone killed. It's like swatting without the video games.

One last point: I fully expect there to be a more blatant example of police shooting an innocent person due to the targeting of police by certain people. This may be an example of such an event.