Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kanye "Fashion" and the Black Manhood

I told y'all in 2009 that there was a serious hurt being put on the black male via the fashion industry (to name one). Today I stumbled across a piece where they come to the same conclusion (although kinda late):

Kanye Blouse
Somewhere between 2004′s College Dropout and last months Coachella festival (where Kanye thought it was cool for a man to wear A WOMEN’S FUCKING BLOUSE), hip-hop style became limp-wristed, sickeningly preppy and worst of all, nobody even bothers to walk around with mini-swords, anymore. Zzzzz.


Mind you I'm not sayin' that dudes need to be wearing fatigues and holding machetes a-la Jodeci but a fuckin' blouse? We already know that Kanye thinks that Black people can't dress so I suppose he thought that blouse move wouldn't be noticed 'cause you know, black people ain't lookin'.


Ha! Busted.

I've been complaining since late last year about the apparent "in" season for high water pants I've been seeing in fashion blogs. And I mean high water dress pants. I'm talkin' high water suit pants. And worse I saw a dude in capris. I kid you not. Of course with all the talk of so called "hyper-masculinity" none of this surprises me at all.


The fuck out of here.