Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Revisit the Notes


Given some of the conversations I've had recently I think the readership ought to review my post entitled Note to the So Called POC Revolutionary:

Special enphasis on section 2:


2) "I know everything." No, you don't really say that, but you act like it. This is pretty closely related to number one above. What people with this problem do is act like everyone else is wrong and they are right. It spanks of arrogance and a lack of security in oneself. Think of the logic. No one person can know everything. Not even in the subject that interests them the most. So why act like you know everything? A sign of true leadership is admitting that one could be wrong AND admitting when one is wrong. Of course a large reason why people slip into this pit is because often there is a lack of leadership training among consciousness organizations. Often these organizations are simply places where everyone pats everyone else on the back rather than a place to further challenge their friends and ideas.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm guilty of most things you said!

sondjata said...

lol. So am I. But at least we are willing to admit it. Which is better than most.

Anonymous said...

I know everything and nothing. I work on humbling myself. I am also guilty and innocent.