Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

John Conyers

Personally I've lost much of my respect for Rep. John Conyers. Before the election he was all about impeachment. Then he went all "yassa boss lady" on us after the mid-term elections. Apparently I'm not the only one dismayed at the "dean" of the Black Caucus. Ray McGovern shares his thoughts:

Conyers, on the other hand, was dripping with pretence as he met with Sheehan, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, and me yesterday in his office in the Rayburn building. I have seldom been so disappointed with someone I had previously held in high esteem. And before leaving, I told him so. Throwing salt in our wounds, he had us, and some fifty others in his anteroom arrested and taken out of action as the Capitol Police "processed" us for the next six hours.

Yep, that's "our man" on the inside.

No comments: