Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Currently Being Read:

Ready For Revolution:

The Life and Struggles of Stokely Carmichael {Kwame Toure}


Next Month on November 15th will be the 8th aniversary of Kwame Toure's passing to Orun (Spirit world). This blog would have probably been named after him if he had been my primary influence but I truely owe my awakening to Garvey (Marcus and Amy). But next to them I hold Brother Toure in high esteem for his non-wavering commitment to African Liberation. A rare brother that took on the struggles of black people worldwide. Anyway. I enjoyed Black Power (and it's a part of my suggested reading list) and when I heard that this book was being released I knew it was one I needed to get to read. Anyway. It's far larger than I expected. Already annoyed that it wasn't the "Life and Struggles of Kwame Toure {Stokely Carmichael} But I'll assume that the Egun (Ancestor) was okay with it. I'll need to dig up an old tribute I did to brother Kwame.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: