Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Cheikh Anta Diop To Be Honored

Minister Faust at the Bro-Log linked on the right has put up a notice that the African Union will be honoring Dr. Diop on the 20'th anniversary of his death.

More information here:

http://www.angolapress-angop.ao/noticia-e.asp?ID=414017

For those readers unfamiliar with Dr. Diop, he is THE pre-eminent African scholar on Ancient Egypt. One MUST read the following:

1) Civilization or Barbarism. During my undergrad years I regularly beat up on PhD. professors with this book. I would regularly quote Diop on the exams in regards to Ancient Egypt or Greece. And I regularly received A's for my efforts. Lesson: NEVER be intimidated by so called experts.

2) Pre-Colonial Black Africa

3) African Origins of Civilization

4) Black Africa: The Economic and Cultural Basis for a Federated State

There are other publications of interest, but these are the ones I've read and that are in my library (bookmarked and notated) and should be in every home library and required reading for children with the necessary reading comprehension skills.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: