Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Friday, August 06, 2021

Reality Check 2021

 I remember reading Rich Dad Poor Dad  and The Cashflow Quadrant. Those books changed my life because it changed how I viewed money and employment. Regretably, unlike some people I know, I did not move on that knowledge in the way I should have. I will live to regret it even more. I'll keep this short. It's a Friday and blog traffic usually drops starting late Thursday.

In the Cashflow Quadrant, we learn that the "lowest level" is that of employee. He is dependent upon his employer for his income and hence his life depends upon being employed. The next level up is being self-employed which he referred to as "owning your job". In this case you're not dependent upon 'your boss" but you do have a lot of bosses, your customers, and you need to keep them happy in order to keep your income stream flowing.

Next level was owning a business. In this case you employ other people and employ a "system".

Lastly you have the investor. This person invests in other people's businesses (or property) and they have cash flow from those businesses. Most importantly, THEY don't have to "work" and they have no boss.

Why do I bring this up? Vaccine mandates.

It is entirely unprecedented to have a private company tell an adult that they have to take a medical intervention "or else".  I already explained the difference between childhood vaccinations and telling an adult they have to take "X" or not be able to earn a living. And I won't even get into the denial of public accommodations.

In reality the issue is that it is now the case that businesses own their employees.  They are so comfortable in the fact that they own their employees that they are willing to fire them over personal medical decisions.

The only people immune from this are those who are either self-employed or "better".  Fate handed me the knowledge and I didn't make the move and soon I will pay the price, just as many people are finding out. I feel worse because I knew it was coming but allowed myself to become comfortable.

So this is to any young people reading this. By young I mean 17 and up. If you have the talent and ability and mental fortitude, EXIT the employment trap as soon as you possibly can. The recent events show that they will cut you off and throw you out in a blink of an eye. No matter how you performed. No matter your stellar performance reviews. No matter you mind you own business. 

And you may think everyone should get a vaccine. Fine. I respect that. But that's not the issue. The issue is that once your employer can demand medical intervention on your body, which is your exclusive property, then there is nothing to stop them from demanding anything else.

Exit. As fast as you can. Don't make the mistake I did.