Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Oil Of Oregano

No. No math today. Just want to share one of the things I do when I go places where I expect to run into sick people, or where sick people are likely to run into me, Oil or Oregano.

One of the things with the recent outbreak but is not limited to the recent outbreak is that some of these viruses and bacteria are airborne and so enter via the mouth or nose regardless of whether you put your hands in either location. Think about when you are walking down the street and someone with bad breath has passed and you go "damn". Now that person is long gone but there's that funk.

Right.

So oil of oregano is a known anti-viral :

The researchers noted that this action is likely due to carvacrol, one of the main compounds in oregano oil. While carvacrol was more effective against certain viruses on its own, oregano oil was more effective against respiratory viruses, such as flu viruses.
Referenced paper here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768712/

I'm not saying it's effective against THIS particular virus. I don't know. I do know is when I go out, I put some in my mouth. When I travel, I put some in my mouth.

I also consciously remember to nose breath rather than mouth breath because:

Filtering prevents airborne bacteria, viruses, other potentially disease-causing substances from entering the lungs, where they may cause infection. Filtering also eliminates smog and dust particles, which may clog the narrow air passages in the smallest bronchioles.
Just a warning though. Oil of Oregano is STRONG. You only need 3 drops max. You will feeeeeel it.