Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Stressed

Sometimes there are large gaps between posts. Sometimes it's because I'm really busy and other times..well I'm stressed. Sometimes following the news and commentary can be extremely stressful. All that information and disinformation. I think it's the disinformation that gets me the most. It really aggravates me how arogantly stupid some people can be. Sometimes I really want to seek out the authors of some of the material I read and break their fingers and cut their tongues out so they can't write or dictate any of the crap that comes forth from thier brains. This particular "mean" streak is why I know I would be unfit for the Office of President of ant country. I have a slow to get to, but nasty temper. Once i'm set off I'm off. I think it's good of me to recognize this streak and subsequently remove myself from situations where such anger would lead to very bad things. Anyway I ran across this piece of crap today. Apparently some pastor decided to make a "blacklist" of people he and his ilk deem "Anti-American" simply because as he put it:


""I'm sickened by these black entertainers who drive $350,000 Bentleys crying racism," said Peterson, who acknowledged he's looking for a more positive message for the black community — especially for young people.

"Why not teach them how to overcome, rather then encouraging anger and doubt and fear in the hearts and minds of many young black Americans?"


Who's on this list? Thanks for asking if you point your browser to:
http://www.bondinfo.org/servicesactivities/activism/blacklist/blacklist.htm

You'll find the complete list along with the details of why these individuals are on it.


"Too many people are being bowled over by Bush and Tony Blair in Britain.
It's ludicrous to expect the whole world to follow what they want. America
doesn't have the moral right to tell other people what to do... I hope more
people will rise up."- Spike Lee (Director, Producer, Writer)

" We must stand vigilant against Bush in these times and work with the abolitionists." "One of the main purveyors of violence in this world has been this country [the U.S.], whether it's been against Nicaragua, Vietnam or wherever." - Danny Glover (Actor, Producer, Activist)

" When you grow up black in America you have a completely different view of the world than white Americans. We blacks live with a constant feeling of unease. And whether you are wounded in an attack by a racist cop or in a terrorist attack, I'm sorry, it makes no difference.” - Will Smith (Actor, Rapper)

”I not only think that they [U.S. leaders] are misguided, but I think they
know exactly what they are doing and I think that they are men who are
possessed of evil." - Harry Belafonte (Actor, Singer, Entertainer)


I'll pass on P-Diddy. I'll also not comment on Will Smith, but it is a shame that this "pastor" is incapable of understanding the facts that Danny Glover put forth, In fact the full page link to Glovers "sins" states:

Yes, he’s [Bush] a racist. We all knew that but the world is only finding it out now. As Texas's governor, Bush led a penitentiary system that executed more people than all the other U.S. states together. And most of the people who died from [the] death penalty were Afro-Americans or Hispanics . . .. [Bush] promoted a conservative program, designed to eliminate everything Americans had accomplished so far in matters of race and equality."


Read that last sentance, 'everything Americans had accomplished so far in matters of race and equality" So exactly how is that "un-American" or 'unpatriotic?" I mean really, if you're going to level charges at someone at least get the right quotes!

But this is but a sad state that stresses me out. and I don't see it getting any better. really. The black community, much like the larger white community is becoming seriously fractured not only along the lines of money but on some serious classist/racist lines. There is an increasingly growing number of black so called conservatives, who have taken the neo-con vision to heart, even the parts that don't apply to them and taken on the same language as these "cons" and lashing out at so called "liberals' who have their own problems, as being coddlers of criminals, etc. My mind is really being seized by anger right now, and psychologists can tell you that certain brain functions go south when that happens, so i'll stop writing now. But there is a huge fissure growing in the "black" community and each are going to do battle for the "real black" title (as seen with McWhorter, et al) even though many of the black conservatives speak on the "no monolith" platform, the notion of "black" representation is monolithic itself, just not the monolith that they claim to see. Problem is that both of these groups, black libs and cons, make it nearly impossible for those of us who hold onto principles and ideas that cross the entire spectrum from being seen or heard.

Links:
http://www.family.org/cforum/fnif/news/a0033921.cfm
http://www.bondinfo.org/servicesactivities/activism/blacklist/blacklist.htm

No comments: