Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Monday, May 10, 2004

Sequential Equation

I have a lot on my plate right now so I haven't been able to post on a lot of the stuff I've seen in the news but I like to cite things that underscore previous points and posts. When this blog first started I put up a post about the sequential equation. One part that some people didn't quite get, including myself at first was the following portion.

"Military aims presupose political objectives"

Today th New York Times ran an article
that gave an excellent example of the above statement:

quote
Instead, some of Mr. Bush's senior aides conceded in conversations over the weekend, the far larger question hanging over Mr. Bush's encounter with his embattled secretary of defense, Donald H. Rumsfeld, and the nation's military leaders is whether the revelations of prisoner abuse have so undermined American political objectives for remaking Iraq that the military challenges have suddenly become a secondary problem.

Hence when the Black Panther Party, among others proclaimed that politics comes from the barrel of a gun, they were not proclaiming empty rhetoric.

Links:
See Ujimaa
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/10/politics/10ASSE.html?hp

No comments: