Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Some Questions about the recent OJ Simpson Fiasco


I'm not really an OJ fan. Wasn't one before the whole murder case and not really one now. But this recent thing is bothering me.


First off, why is there an audio tape of the whole thing? Doesn't that cause anyone to take pause? I mean really, how many people who are going to commit a crime bring audio recorders in order to create evidence that would put them away? To me this seems like a set up. The NY Times seems to agree:


the ex-wife of one of the suspects says it’s actually quite common for folks around the football great and former murder defendant to have a tape rolling.



“Many people carry recorders around him to see if they can catch him slipping to make money,” said Debbie Alexander, 41, former wife of Walter Alexander, 46, of Mesa, Arizona.



While the man who made this latest recording, Thomas Riccio, earned an undisclosed sum by selling his tape to TMZ.com, Ms. Alexander said that he was probably hoping for something related to the 1994 double murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ronald Goldman.


So we know now that there are people surrounding OJ who are looking to make a buck off him by either getting him into, or folowing him into trouble.


Turns out this Riccio person has been granted immunity from prosecution for turning over the tape.


Now supposedly OJ did not have any guns on him during the alleged robbery. So if he didn't have one, then that means his supposed accomplices did. Why is it that these accomplices are not being charged? Where are these people? Something is not right here.


Another issue I have is regarding the sports memorabilia persons. Supposedly OJ claims that they had his material that they may or may not have had the right to have. Has anyone tried to determine whether or not the material was in fact legally in their possession? I would think that one cannot be charged with robbery if one is attempting to recover your own property. I mean if I got car jacked and shot the person who jacked me and recovered my vehicle I don't get charged for murder. Similarly if my car is stolen and I then find someone in possesion of my vehicle and I get it back by throwing the person who has my vehicle out of my car, I don't get charged with car jacking because it's my property. So I want to know whether or not the police have determined whether or not the material that OJ was supposedly robbing actually legally belonged to the alleged victims.


Surely if OJ thought he had been robbed he should have called the police, but my understanding is that whenever OJ calls the police, he is not taken seriously. If that is the case, then OJ may have felt, justifiably that he needed to take matters into his own hands.


I don't know if OJ can afford to get a good lawyer now that he's been tapped for millions but I would think that this case may not turn out to be the slam dunk the prosecution thinks it is.

8 comments:

sondjata said...

I agree. Would have thought he learned from the first trial...

Mr. Techjitsu said...

I have a few different thoughts on this issue:

1] OJ is a plain fool. money blinded that idiot and he thought he had some 'real friends' that stayed by his side after the trial. WRONG! It is now quite obvious that the people around him are much like Michael Jackson's hangers-on and are purely there to make money off this man one way or another.

2] This is a TOTAL SETUP! The tape is proof of that fact. Nothing more to say on that note.

3] The prosecutor in this case is on some "lynching"-type hustle. I think the white law enforcement community is looking at this as a chance to give OJ his just desserts. The charges being levied at him in direct contrast to the lack of interest in what BROUGHT OJ into that room\situation is clear evidence that the ONLY thing they are concerned with is putting OJ behind bars!

sondjata said...

OK. Ummmm. I'm not clear on how that is any different from my post except that more info has come out since I posted it.

Mr. Techjitsu said...

I didn't mean to say 'different' in the sense that my thoughts DIFFER from yours; I was suggesting that MY thoughts vary in their focus.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU.
These so called "victims"; a band of criminals. Their records stack up knee high; one additionally being known as a.k.a. "5150 Burbank head case", one being a.k.a "Cali Coke Head freak" and another as a thief; all the while telling on himself in the "tape" as a perjurer and participant in illegal "diversion of funds" for setting up off shore accounts. Oh...and ol' "head case Al" says, "I will call 911 and "JUST" say.."
UH. JUST what does the calm, trifling trio want to JUST tell "911" ??
So much more....and oh, so much more WILL come to the front as time goes by.
You can BET on this.
And when the Feds, come marching in... "set-up boy" will see how FUN his State Immunity really is.
So nice to see a man with vision of truth. Thanks again for your post.
~ xoxoxoxo

sondjata said...

I believe that's the most amount of kisses and hugs I've ever received over the internet.

Anonymous said...

Shame, I think your brilliance and the time you take to write on such important topic deserves at least some show of love through the virtual posts!

Q: When and if the D.A. ends up with a trial of defendants being "only OJ and the two gunmen"; that being OJ and two black men, Walter and Michael. Do you think the other non-white "perps" (that have records, carried out the stolen property, etc.)being cut loose with a wee possible slap and a "performance of such to "do what Marcia Clark could not" will or will not bring out a racial debate of sorts ?

With a jury pool of an est. 80 percent +/- of a "country type demeanor, per se, the D.A. placing three "big bad black men" on trial might give him a better edge to give himself the "history pages" of being the man known for convicting OJ Simpson.

~ This move of course, being at a GREAT expense to innocent people and their loved ones for the past, perceived bad deeds of Simpson.
Do people despise Simpson so much that the injustice of developing a smaller defendant pool of all black males; to do almost anything for a conviction; will the people not see the racial bias he would be using to his advantage ??

This D.A. plays very dirty pool and has true stars in his eyes for what HE wants from this.

OJ is behaving very badly to his "so called" friends; not a surprise in my experience over the years.

When the trials come, please know this is the ONLY place I will post on line and this, in hope that truths I may have knowledge of "pre-posted" prior to the actions of others may document the facts when dirty is dirty and how genuinely unjust a justice system can be.

In brief, I feel and see a D.A. willing to go down and dirty to target ONLY black men to make a name for himself. He is already playing a racial game for a win. IF I were on the outside looking in, I would never think it truly possible in the real world.

Should the case only prosecute three black men; will the "people" give a damn and say ~"wait....hold on just a minute here.....?"

IF you do NOT want my insights or comments, I understand if you ask me to "go ghost" on ya'...as this WILL become QUITE a "fiasco" in due time.

Keep up your great work/words. By all means, the enlightened mind that has any questions I can answer, feel free to simply ask.

Take great care.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

And the whittle of the white men has only just started.
The lawyer does not report that no jail time is attached to this deal.

This "circus circus" will be three black men facing the D.A.
Bet on that.

i.e.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21270809/


xoxox -