Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Why I Stopped Reflexively Hating On The Rich

 Back in the day in my youth when I was wet behind the ear and loose with the mouth I was in that crowd that thought "the rich" were rich because of "white supremacy" and because they exploited or stole from other people. I'm not now saying that there aren't people who got rich by doing that. I'm not blind. However; as I owned and shuttered businesses and had other experiences and grew my money I realized that a lot of the reason why people get sucked into hating on the rich is that they don't know how the rich often get rich. And I'm not talking lottery. Also a lot of it is pure envy.

A lot of people see someone with a flashy car, and that person driving it may not be "rich" in the least bit, and they only see the car. They don't see all the work that got that person to the place where they could own (if they own) the car. In other words, most people see the result of the work and not the work. Its like people who are fit. People try to downplay my fitness by saying things like "well you were always skinny" as if there aren't a lot of fat people who USED TO BE skinny. 

They don't see the thousands of miles run. The tons of weight pushed and pulled. The food declined. The hours of fasting. They only see the results and then want to hate. Simiarly a lot of rich people are that way now, but started off quite poor. They sacrificed. They worked long hours. They paid their employees, when they got to that point, before THEY could get paid. They provided a service, better than competitors, and reaped the rewards. But a lot of the haters don't want to put in that work. They just want to put their hand out and get something for nothing. 

Below are two videos of the kind of people that are currently vilified for "not paying enough in taxes" when in fact they have contributed more than most of these so-called activists.