Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Don't Be Tim Carman

At this point of the COVID game if you: 
 1) Still trust the media. 
2) Are not taking readily available vitamins and supplements. 

 You are either a willing sheeple or a total fool. For months I, among others have laid out the data on masks, actual infection to death ratios, lockdowns, risk factors and things you can do, that don't involve masks or xenophobic actions. But some people still trust the state [agents] and think anyone with an official title or badge must know everything and that they should do what they are told. This will have dire consequences for some. Here Tim Carman shows what you shouldn't be doing.

The cough began in earnest on Nov. 10, a Tuesday. It was a dry hack, and it got worse as the day progressed. I went to bed early and awoke the next morning feeling as if I had been hit by a truck and left for dead by the side of the road. My fever was nearly 103 degrees, and I didn’t want to move.

Anyone notice what Tim didn't do?  

I do believe in it. I studiously tried to avoid it. I wore a mask everywhere I went. With the exception of two visits back in June, I didn’t dine indoors. When I ate outdoors, I made sure to cover my face whenever I interacted with people. If I walked into a retail store, I followed two more rules: Don’t stay long, and don’t enter if it’s crowded.

So Tim is telling us that although he wore a mask, as instructed, he still got sick.  Tim is also telling us that he avoided going into enclosed places for long and avoided crowds.

He still got sick though.

And yet Tim isn't bright enough to ask some basic questions after this big fail. A bright person would say: Wait a minute THEY said if I do this then...

The Ghost recommended no such behavior. The Ghost doesn't wear a mask in public outdoor places. Period. The Ghost wears masks indoors for two reasons: respect the business owner's wishes. It's a medical facility and it's a damn good idea. Otherwise, the Ghost has REGULARLY been in enclosed places for 10 hours at a time. Including events that would be considered "crowded".  

The Ghost is fine.  Thank you.  Is it because I know something you do not? Maybe. I'll note that like anything else in life, some things are simply the luck of the draw. Sometimes despite whatever you do you get hit. You accept that as a part of life and move on. Articles shouldn't be written about it and usually aren't. But these are not usual times.

We are just entering the maw of this monster. Many more will get chewed up by this.

"We"?

Look at this language. The language of fear. This is the new America folks. The home of the brave is now land of the scared as fuck.

 and part a staggering level of denial about a virus that does not give a flip about your family get-togethers. 

No, we are NOT in denial. We know the risks and we accept them. Me personally I don't like flying at all. It's not the actual flying part, but the security theater. I don't like being searched and I don't like for my belongings to be searched.

When I first suspected I had covid — a good two days before the diagnosis arrived — I never let myself entertain any worst-case scenarios. I simply couldn’t imagine that I might be among the minority of people who get more than flu-like symptoms, even though I’m in my late 50s, slightly overweight and have bad allergies that sometimes trigger asthma. My lungs were an easy target.

*Sigh* Where to start.

First off, The Ghost has said that one should ASSUME that everytime you leave your abode that you WILL or HAVE come into contact with someone who is sick.  That is you should assume that every time you are out you have been infected. Why? Because that's how nature works. Every hour of the day, bacteria and viruses try to make you their host. 99% of the time your immune system deals with it via various means. You know that runny nose that "just happens"? Yup, you got infected with something. That runny nose is likely interferon laced and is killing a virus.  That diarrhea out of nowhere for that one bowel movement? Yup. Body just took care of some bacteria. 

So COVID is just another virus trying to make a home.  But this guy takes it to another level with his ignorance. He is overweight AND has asthma. Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. You would think that someone who has a history of respiratory inflammation would take ANY signs of a respiratory disease extremely seriously. "Not entertaining" worst case scenarios in this case is just stupid. Don't be stupid.

Here's the kicker:

I drank mostly water and orange juice for two weeks.

You did what?

Look. This is why people are falling over (dying). First they aren't taking vit D and Zinc at a minimum regularly even though there is plenty of medical literature that points to these two items being highly effective against COVID in particular and respiratory viruses in general.  You wouldn't know this from following the media (See opening paragraph).

But worse, after getting the diagnosis Tim says NOTHING about taking anything other than water and orange juice.  People, do NOT me Tim. If you get a diagnosis, you get  some relatively high dose Vit D (assuming you haven't already been taking some or getting a lot of direct sunlight). Get some relatively high dose of Zinc. Get some Quercetin. and take that stuff twice a day for around 5 days.  This is MOST of the known standard care so don't trust me, trust people who you'll meet in the hospital if you are like Tim.

The rest of the piece is a horror show script meant to scare you to death and mask up and be scared to go into stores even though at the outset Tim shows that none of that helped him. There is NOTHING at all about treatment. Not a damn thing. He went and got a pulse oximeter. OK. The Ghost isn't waiting for the lungs to get damaged. 

Don't  be Tim. Get the items I listed. Take them regularly starting TODAY if you haven't been. Don't let these medical professionals send you home with a "take an Asprin and come back if you get worse" shtyk.  Follow that link above and get on as much of that stuff as possible as SOON as you get that diagnosis (much of which you should already be taking) and hopefully you avoid most of the drama Tim went through. No guarantees of course but the studies show that your outcome will be much better than "water and orange juice"