Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

I Concur

The Z Blog has a post entitled Dear Homosexuals which basically covers my position on the Orlando thing....minus the "white guy" portions. Of particular relevance to me:
What you people do in private may revolt me, but as long as you do it in private and don’t hurt anyone, it’s none of my business. It’s a big world and there is plenty of room for all kinds as long as we make reasonable efforts to respect each other’s point of view. It’s not that hard to be polite...

That’s the problem, of course. For the last few decades, you guys in the Alphabet Soup Community (LGBTQQIP2SAA? Really?) have not been holding up your end of the bargain. Instead of respecting the sensibilities of the majority, you have gone out of your way to offend normal Americans, particularly those of us in the honky community...

he Christian bakers would like a little breathing room. The Boy Scouts would like to be left alone. The guys at the office would like to tell a salty joke without fear of being fired, or worse, being sent off to a reeducation camp. In other words, if you want help with Mohamed, you’re going to have to give some stuff back to us. Otherwise, I think I speak for most straight white guys in saying we’ll roll the dice with Mohamed.

To be clear, I have no intention of rolling the dice with Mohamed but I understand where the sentiment comes from. And oh, I still haven't forgiven Mozilla for Brandon Eich. And by the way, this is the same sentiment I have for feminists. I used to be an ally. Then the total rape culture bullshit with African-American women of all people propping up messages of believe the rape claim, even though such thinking got many men lynched and black families burnt out of houses and run out of towns. When feminist moved from equality and equal treatment to preferential treatment and into policing the very nature of men, I turned in my ally card.

So yeah, Orlando was a tragedy but if the LGBTQ[whatever else] crowd wants more than a "sucks to be you" response from me, they should take Z's advice.