Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Kobe Was Right

So apparently there are black folks who object to black folks (and others?) who look at situations, particularly situations black folks find themselves in, objectively. Kobe Bryant has apparently upset those folks
“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” Bryant said. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”
How anyone, no, any sane and rational person could object to what Kobe said here is beyond me. But there is a lot of insanity floating around presenting itself as intelligence. As a matter of fact if you replace "African-American" with "Woman" or "women", you will make a statement that will upset man so called feminists in regards to rape and domestic violence. But back to the black folks.
Hall of Fame NFL running back Jim Brown told the article’s author Bryant doesn’t understand the African-American culture.

“[Kobe] is somewhat confused about culture, because he was brought up in another country,” Brown said.
Jim Brown needs to have a seat and a muzzle. What Kobe said is what we call proper jurisprudence. It is NOT assuming facts not in evidence. It is about getting the story right. There were people who were upset with The Ghost because I stated early on that I thought the murder charge against Zimmerman would NOT work. I told people the evidence for such a conviction did not exist and that the state ought to center on negligence rather than intent. I was told I was on Team Zimmerman for that. Total bullshit.

Early in the Duke Lacrosse rape case I came to the conclusion that at the very least the woman in question had accused the wrong people and then later decided her story was a complete fabrication. Why? Because I examined the evidence and the evidence proved that her story could not have occurred as she told it. Eventually I was proven correct.

Objecting to black people who objectively look at situations that occur to members of our group is stupid. We already have to deal with the lower median IQ scores and the lower media SAT scores no need to add public statements of stupid on top of all that.