Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Beware The "Command Language"

A while back (years) I had posts in which I discussed Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). This came back to mind as I listened to a podcast where the guest was discussing a "mentalist" game in which he asked the listeners to go through a step of "suggestions". He was discussing how at the end of the sequence most people came up with something like an "orange kangaroo in Denmark".

What he was demonstrating was that how the brain can be manipulated into thinking certain things simply by being pushed into a certain direction via input.  In today's society the elites have pushed mass mental manipulation to levels unknown to society. This has been enabled by social media and always on media streams to our mobile devices.

A study came out years ago that discussed how the simple "ding" notification from our devices increases heart rates and stress levels. And that was before the message was even seen. This is why I often turn off all notifications on my device.  For example, I was out running with my heart rate monitor and I had left notifications on and a message came through. I had a 10BPM increase in heart rate for the next 5 minutes or so. 

It's no secret here that after the 2016 election I basically turned off all "news programs" because I realized that they were not "news" outlets but propagandist. By June of 2020 anyone who hasn't come to that realization either likes the propaganda, makes the propaganda (profits off of it),  has been scared senseless from it and needs to recover OR is just that dumb.  

That was an epic run-on sentence no?

One of the things I noted over the years is the increasing use of "command language" in articles and e-mails. The latest to drop into my mail:


Now since I am aware of such "suggestions" my mental block immediately kicked in. That is, I [often] recognize "command language" when I see it and put my defenses up. If you haven't figured it out I'll point it out:

"What to know..."

The header should have said "what we know". When they write "what to know" then they are suggesting to you that whatever follows IS what is to be known. Anything else shall "not be known". 

Second: "Here'swhat you need to know."

Again, they are telling you that you have a need. Really? I need to know? Why do I "need" to know rather than "may want to know"?  By hooking "Here" with 'need to know", they are commanding that what follows is what you "need" to know and anything else is "not needed". 

This is reflective of the authoritarian streak that has permeated the left and through them, is imposing itself on the whole society. You see, thinking for yourself is dangerous to authorities. Authorities must tell people 'what they need to know" and "what they need to do" and "what they need to feel". Also for the people that accept this programming, it is easier precisely because you don't need to think.Why think when you are told "what to know".

Beware of these messages. Train your mind to recognize and reject them. And turn off notifications on your devices. Your adrenal glands will thank you for it.