Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ye Old "No Blacks in The Pool" Show

And so I see a twit regarding black children booted from a private pool at The Valley Swim Club.

Now I understand that the club is a private club and therefore is legally free to accept whomever they want on whatever grounds they want. So I'm not going to be calling for lawsuits etc. In fact I'm not as bothered by the policy as I am by the following:

"When the minority children got in the pool all of the Caucasian children immediately exited the pool," Horace Gibson, parent of a day camp child, wrote in an email. "The pool attendants came and told the black children that they did not allow minorities in the club and needed the children to leave immediately."


Now assuming that the above is true one has to ask what part of swim class includes the "negro in the pool" evacuation technique? Does this club actually spend time teaching these kids of the dangers of Negroes in pools and how to make an effective escape lest the Negro dirt (you know that special Negro dirt that many a public pool had to be drained of back in the not so long day) get on them?

I wonder if the kids were also taught to immediately make for the showers for decontamination.

As a swimmer, I really want to know, because I can tell you that when people get into the pool one does not naturally have an urge to exit the pool. Heck even if people are doing belly flops and having splash fights, I've never felt the urge to evacuate the pool.

And, what pray tell do these children do at public beaches, were all manner of Negroes can be found? I suppose they try to go to beaches in places like Cape May, NJ where the Negro count is low.