Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

The New Blasphemy

 In times past when certain superstitions ruled, speech that offended the ruling class and was contrary to the religious mores of the day was punished. Supposedly in The West, such a thing was tossed onto the scrapheap of history and people were free to speak as they felt (with very, very few exceptions) so long as no one was physically harmed.

Alas, now under the new Left Crow, we have the reappearance of blasphemy and the use of the state apparatus to enforce it (again).


Jail.

Now there are those out there who are going to say that he has been jailed for "trespassing" as he was ordered to not to be present at the school. You know and I know that such a technicality is merely the pretext. The source of the jail time is The Blasphemy.

"A teacher who refused to use gender-neutral pronouns for a transgender student has been sent to Mountjoy prison for contempt of court.

Enoch Burke was arrested yesterday morning for breaching a court order not to teach at his Westmeath school, or be physically present there.

After Judge Michael Quinn made his ruling, Mr Burke said: 'It is insanity that I will be led from this courtroom to a place of incarceration, but I will not give up my Christian beliefs.'"

I will say again that such positions ought not have to be raised in a Christian or any other religious light. Refusing to state a non-fact is fundamental to a free society and a free human.  If by speaking a truth I am to be barred from my job then I do not live in a free society.

Period.

"The dispute began over his refusal to address a transitioning student as 'they' rather than 'he', as requested by the student and their parents in May, and agreed to by the Church of Ireland school. "

Agreed to by who?

Ahh, this would be a great time to reference yesterday's post. Why is a "church' agreeing to this nonsense?

"This escalated to his suspension on the day before the start of the autumn term, pending the outcome of a disciplinary process. "

Ahh the "disciplinary process". I am familiar with this term as it was repeatedly used against me when I refused to go along with the COVID bullshit at my place of employment for 20 years.  Children are "disciplined". Criminals are disciplined. This kind of language is the language of dominance.Burke did nothing wrong.  I did nothing wrong. Those in the wrong are those who imposed upon Mr. Burke. Mr. Burke understands this:

"My religious beliefs are not misconduct. They are not gross misconduct. They never will be. They are dear to me. I will never deny them and never betray them, and I will never bow to an order that would require me to do so. It is just not possible for me to do that.'"

You would think a "church" would have had Mr. Burke's back. But as I pointed out yesterday the church is not what it seems to be.

While there was a teacher in the US who won her court case against a school that tried something similar (currently in the US you cannot be jailed for such speech but rest assured that they are, as we live and breath, looking for a way to get around that), The fact that she had to go to court in the first place, with the attendant expenses is a sign of how bad the situation is becoming.

Do not forget that a large percentage of Democrats believe in jailing people for COVID misinformation. Don't think for a minute that they would not put you in jail for the Left Crown Blasphemy laws they are laying out across the country.