Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

My New Collector's Item

So I was in the supermarket this evening and remembered I needed some syrup for my waffles. I got to the aisle and lo and behold there was no black lady looking at me from the shelves. I looked up. I looked down. I pushed a few of the Butterworths aside just to be sure. But nope. No Aunt Jemima in sight. Well actually there was some pancake mix at the very bottom shelf. I'm sure that was an oversight.

So either there was a mad run on all things Jemima or The Great Cancellation has hit my store. In either case, if you have one of the last remaining Aunt Jemima syrup containers it's probably a collectors item. If it's full, it may, at some point, become a very valuable item from the Great Before(tm).

Me, I'm not ever throwing this out.

Side note: If you have one of the older Aunt Jemima's with the bandana wearing Jemima, you have a certifiable collectors item.