Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Monday, July 21, 2014

It Starts Early

I never knew the story behind this sign. I do now. The following jumped out at me:

Before Hood began drawing the sign, he and his supervisors met with Highway Patrol officers and saw photos of accident scenes. What got to him most were the deaths that involved families.

"Graphically, I wanted to show a family," said Hood, who lives in San Diego. He chose to include a pigtailed girl, rather than a boy, because "there is something about a little girl running across with her parents that we are more affected by."[my underlines]

Not say, lets include two children, one a boy and one a girl, but that maximum sympathy is given to girls and hence women. Boys don't rate and father, unattached goes first as to risk his life in the service of the females.

Just something to consider.