Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Alchemists of Kush


Kush+Cover+-+Front

This is the latest book by Minister Faust who's last book The Notebook of Doctor Brain was my intro to his literary prowess. This particular entry takes a very different literary turn in terms of tone and style. And I like it. Not that it reflects badly on Dr. Brain. This is simply a differently styled book which underscores the talent of the "good minister" as I like to call him. Without giving too much away, this is a book of two stories. Actually it's not. Well it is and it isn't. like the Kushite kingdom from which it draws from the book contains many layers of stories wrapped up in prose that is very poetic. As a matter of fact if the book hadn't been so long I would have thought it a long poem. This is a book that I would strongly suggest that parents of teenagers obtain and force to read. At gun point if necessary. No not really. My Mike Huckabee impression aside, I believe that many young people will benefit from a read of this book and are likely to relate to the characters.

It's been 3 weeks since I've finished the book and I'm still contemplating the scrolls. Pick up the book and you'll know what I'm speaking of. Trust me, I'm not the only one diggin' it.



Buy this book now: Amazon