Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Suddenly Loud Negroes

I just have to say that I find it amusing how due to the Obama candidacy we have so many suddenly loud and militant black folk around.
Really, it's funny.

I graduated from Tuskegee back in 1994. I got my first job some 2 months later. I remember how shook folks were when I had the nerve to come to work in a Gran Buba. Man these folks scattered like roaches after a light been turned on.

The last time I seen so many opinionated black folk was after the OJ Simpson trial. Black folk who wouldn't give me a second look lest they be mistaken as "militant" gave me thumbs up (like I gave a damn about OJ), grins and all manner of "solidarity" signs.

But like I was saying, I've been Mr. Pro Black, as in people not individuals, since at least 1991. I'm not new to this. And that excludes my days of early KRS, early PE or anything like that. I'm talking straight up real as in study, research and analysis. BUt now a days, we have all kinds of black folk, feeling themselves because of Obama. Suddenly folks who couldn't even bring themselves to make a critique of white folk in front of white folk want to get mad at black folk who have critiques of Obama. Imagine that!

Suddetly these folks are experts in dissecting supposed "racist" statements and comments which just four scant years ago these same folks would have called people like me "over-sensitive" and "reading race into everything" had we pointed out the same thing. That's just too funny.

I just had to get that out.

No comments: