Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Anthony Martin Retiring

I just read what I assume to be the latest issue of Diverse Issues in Higher Education and found out that Dr. Anthony Martin the author of Race First (required reading on our list) will be retiring from his position at Wellesley College at the end of this month. I attempted to e-mail him, but apparently Dr. Martin has not been keeping up with his e-mail and his mailbox is full. He has a new book on Amy Ashwood Garvey, Marcus Garvey's first wife which I need to pick up. So if you get a chance, try and send Martin a line thanking him for his excellent scholarship on Marcus Garvey.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Sadness! Race First is a great book. Unfortunately I haven't read most of Martin's other scholarship...Race First is the only one I can get from the book vendors on 125th in Harlem :)

I'm sure Wellesley won't be the same without him.