Still Free

Yeah, Mr. Smiley. Made it through the entire Trump presidency without being enslaved. Imagine that.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Obama Deception

Airplanes flying
overseas people dying
politicians lyin
I'm tryin
to hit the problem head on
by bringin' out the truth in a song


KRS-ONE
1989



Aside from the let's get your attention title, this is a video you need to watch. It would probably be better, or more accurately titled the Presidential Deception or something along those lines because it lays out the case that it's not really about Obama...or Bush or Clinton or any president, but rather who those presidents work for.

I've known about this video for a while and at nearly 2 hours long I needed to have time to sit and watch it all the way through before I posted a link to it here. Folks most of this is the real deal. I don't peddle in conspiracy theories. When I have an opinion on something I state that it is so. If I'm not sure as to the veracity of a story I come across I simply do not post it here. This means that you, the reader/viewer need to sit down with 2 hours to spare and watch this piece critically. Many of the points in this video have been made by me over the past 5 years of blogging. Furthermore I have independently read on many of the groups mentioned in this piece. That is I read about them under circumstances not related to the viewing of, or even knowledge of this video. Furthermore much of the criticism leveled at Obama and the power elite have been raised in other publications such as the Black Commentator and the Black Agenda Report. This does not include the documented evidence from so called "reputable" news sources that appear in the film.

That said I need to discuss briefly two points brought up in the film:

1) National Health Care: They didn't go into details on it but I can't be against that. I see that as something the government ought to be doing. The film acts as if nationalized health care would necessarily mean that the government can determine if as well as what health care you can get. Well maybe, but that's what we have now with private health "insurance" except you don't know when "they" will decide you're not worth treatment x. It is more likely that a national health care (single payer) system would establish the floor of healthcare that anyone can get: ER, Primary, Preventative, etc. But that private companies would be free to offer services above and beyond what is offered by the government. So I'm not going for the claims on that one.

2) Global Warming is a Hoax: I know there are people who believe that the global warming we have measured may not be due to human activity. Fine. The argument presented in the film is that we are experiencing the effects of sun spots. OK. I think it could be a combination of sun spots and human activity since you cannot discount the amount of CO2 that we are producing which is unprecedented in Earth history, nor can we discount the cutting down of trees that is also an unnatural event that necessarily has consequences. I do agree with the film's position that the people at the top are looking to use the "green push" as a means for a greater police state and a means of generating new revenues.

3) Lastly if there is any other reason to be very afraid of Rahm Emanuel and those other people close to Obama, this video provides it. Towards the end of this video Rahm is on record as saying that anyone put on the bogus No Fly List is not only a terrorist but that they no longer enjoy the "rights" of citizenship. This man ought to be fired and IMHO tried for treason. First of all the No-Fly list is completely made up list. No one on the list has been arrested, tried or convicted of anything. Yet this man thinks that simply because some ass-hat in Washington (or NY or wherever) thinks that a particular person is a "threat" you're rights (in this particular instance, to bear arms) no longer exist. Why isn't there some kind of inquiry into this? Why is this man even still employed in government? So now you know why so many bun stores are out of ammo. Watching Rahm made me want to go buy a gun because I now seriously believe that in the not to distant future police will be running up into people's homes and such based on non-existent evidence. I have no intention of going peacefully if it comes down to that. Seriously. So I'm not going to knock these right wingers in red states who are afraid. They are right.

Those are my major issues with the piece of major issues within' the piece. There are some other statements made in the piece that I do not believe were supported by the evidence presented. Doesn't mean they are incorrect but I would suggest further research. I'll put it like this, watch this with a critical eye. If you are unfamiliar with the organizations mentioned in this video then I suggest a trip to the library or other reputable information source. If you're familiar with the book the 48 Laws of Power, you will instantly recognize many of the power moves shown in the film.


No comments: